John R. Wooden Course Certified Coaching Experience
June 24-28, 2019 Westwood California - UCLA Campus
Join Us for the John R. Wooden Course Certification Event
The John R. Wooden Course Certification experience is a week that will challenge you, change you, inspire you, and prepare you to be everything you know you can be, not just for what it can do for you, but what you know it can help you do for others.
Coach Wooden’s life proved this is where you will find your true purpose, genuine joy and sweet peace of mind – true success. The John R. Wooden Course teaches, models and helps you apply the Coaching Fundamentals that John Wooden mastered.
Follow these fundamentals and see what becomes possible as you:
- Improve the quality of your thinking
- Increase your credibility, and influence with the example you set
- Enhance the effectiveness of your teaching and the skills that result
- Take your leadership to a whole new level of respect
- Become the mentor everyone seeks out and wants to be
John Wooden's Pyramid of Success
At the center of The John R. Wooden Course and Wooden’s Coaching Fundamentals is perhaps the greatest contribution Coach John Wooden left behind his renowned “Pyramid of Success.”
His 14 years of development work produced a powerful, insightful and effective blueprint. He precisely defined 25 behavioral characteristics for achieving personal and team success.
He designed, defined and tested a complete model. He combined uncommon insight with common sense and captured both brilliantly on one page. He put the Pyramid of Success to the test, over seven decades with thousands of people, across all walks of life in both professional and personal pursuits.
The results speak for themselves and the cumulative impact will stand the test of time.
John R. Wooden Course Five-Day Certified Coaching Experience
In your five-day Certification experience, you will:
- Transform your thinking
- Refine your coaching
- Recharge your day to day energy and behavior
- Become equipped to employ a very robust set of tools, implementation strategy and program delivery methodology.
This Wooden Way prescription for professional coaching includes:
- On-line Team and Personal Success Assessments
- Four different Coaching Skills and Leadership Forums and Workshops
- Foundations and Fundamentals
- The Pyramid of Success
- Head Coach
- Extraordinary Teams
Your experience also includes:
- The JRW Team Camp Experience, a team culture development break-thru which combines on the basketball court experiential application exercises and drills with inspiring class room coaching and teaching.
- Wooden’s Wisdom – A six-year e-coaching newsletter creates performance and culture improvement sustainment with Coach Wooden video clips, application exercises, favorite poems and quotes.
- Custom tools like Coaching Guides and Teachers Tool Kits, Fat Head Pyramid wall graphics and posters, Pyramid and Team personal laminates, wallet size Character Cards and more.
- A video clip library of John Wooden teaching, coaching, reciting poetry, answering thought provoking questions and being celebrated.
Each participant will also receive:
- The John R. Wooden Course Success Series
- Pyramid of Success Wall display
- 5 reference books
Total certification fee is discounted at $3,495 for those who purchase their spot before May 24th, after that date the total for the 5 day event is $3,995.
Breakfast and lunch for all team members will be provided each day at the conference center and is included in the enrollment fee.
Dinner is on your own Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evening. The John R. Wooden Course will host a team dinner Wednesday evening at The Valley Inn - a John Wooden favorite in Sherman Oaks, approx. 30 minutes from the Luskin Center.
Each team member is responsible for their own transportation to and from airports and to the hotel. Hotel check-in will begin at 3 pm on June 23. Check out is at noon on Saturday, June 29.
Flights out of departure locations should be booked Saturday or Sunday to enjoy the complete experience.
“Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.” John R. Wooden